How To pair up the devices or Re-pair devices
Should your Hive Heating thermostats lose their pairing this page shows you how to reset and re-pair the devices together in internet app connected mode.
Should you decide you would rather the devices be in standalone mode without app usage, see the following page: Hive standalone mode
Following are the instructions on how to pair or re-pair devices for Hive 2 heating.
- Take the thermostat off the wall and remove one of the batteries. Leave the battery out for now.
2. Go to the boiler and take the thermostat (and loose battery) with you. Locate the Hive RECEIVER and the boiler’s ISOLATION SWITCH. Switch off the boiler at the boiler’s isolation switch
3. After a few seconds, switch isolation switch back on
4. Press and hold the Central Heating button on the receiver until the status light flashes pink
5. Release the button and press and hold again until it double-flashes amber.
Now pop the battery back in the thermostat and follow these steps…
6. Press and hold both the left (back/”button 8″) and middle (menu/”button 7″) buttons on the bottom of the thermostat.
7. Continue holding these buttons until the displayed countdown is finished and “welcome” appears
Thermostat should show “searching”, Devices should then all link and the status light should go green on the receiver.
8. Log in to Hive Account, go to Settings > Install Devices > Click ‘Add another device’ – your Hive Hub which is connected to your broadband router should now be flashing Amber..
Go ahead and test the thermostat for correct functioning, otherwise repeat steps from beginning.