How To – Hive Active Heating mode Hive 2
Following are the instructions for re-pairing a thermostat and receiver to the hub or going from standalone mode back to Hive Active Heating mode:
1. Take the batteries out of the thermostat
2. Switch boiler off at isolation switch/fuse spur (this should be located near your Hive Receiver next to your boiler) the Status light, and any other lights on the receiver should now be off.
3. Switch boiler back on at isolation switch/fuse spur – the status light on the Hive Receiver should flash either pink/amber then turn to a solid Green colour.
4.Hold the Central Heating button down on the Hive Receiver for around 10-15 seconds until the Status light changes to an Amber colour. It will probably change to Pink first, if so, do it again until Amber.
This should now be a ‘double-flash’ of Amber and looking for the Hive Hub.
5. To reset the Hive 2 Thermostat, replace the batteries, then hold down the middle and left hand side buttons (menu/”button 7″ and back buttons/”button 8″), keep a hold of those buttons throughout the factory restore countdown; 10 seconds; and release when the word ‘searching’ appears on the screen of the Hive 2 Thermostat.
6. Log in to Hive Account, go to Settings > Install Devices > Click ‘Add another device’ – your Hive Hub which is connected to your broadband router should now be flashing Amber.
At this point, the welcome menu and set up should start to appear. The receiver Status light should now have changed to Green