To ensure the valve is plumbed and wired correctly, carry out the following checks after filling the system and switching on the power.
- Check manual lever is in ‘AUTO’ position.
- Check programmer has power
- Check boiler is switched on and its thermostat set to maximum
Confirm correct hot water functions as follows:
- Turn room thermostat to minimum setting or switch off at programmer
- Set cylinder thermostat to maximum and programmer to ‘HOT WATER ON
- Boiler should fire and pump should run. Feel pipe approximately 12” from hot water valve, it should get hot.
- Confirm correct heating functions as follows:
- Turn cylinder thermostat to minimum or switch off at programmer.
- Set room thermostat to maximum and programmer to ‘CENTRAL HEATING ON’
- Boiler should fire and pump should run. Feel pipe approximately 12” from central heating, it should get hot.
Reset both thermostats to temperature required, normally 60 ̊C for cylinder thermostat and 20 ̊C for the room thermostat. Return programmer to ‘Auto’ or mode selected by householder.